Three common myths about teeth
Dozens of people come to us every day for help. Among them there are young mothers, whose teeth are very serious. Someone once said to these mothers that pregnant women can not heal their teeth! Parents who insist on having their child torn out of the tooth, also turn to us, although this tooth can be treated, and it will still serve its small owner. And also there are those who already in their youth pulled out wisdom teeth – that’s why they read about it somewhere, and now they are very sorry. Many problems could be avoided if we had the right information. Our doctor Daria Perekupko dispelled the three most common myths about teeth.
Pregnant can not be treated with teeth
Many future mothers avoid going to dentistry. Women in the position believe that any intervention by a doctor can harm their child. And especially X-rays, drugs and anesthesia. First, women do not visit the dentist, because pregnant women, then – because they feed the baby with breast milk. And very often mothers bring their teeth to the lamentable state.
Gynecologists and dentists are convinced: a pregnant woman is not only possible, but it is also necessary to treat the teeth. This is necessary for the full development of the fetus and the health of the future mother. In time, untreated teeth can lead to inflammation, and then to infection and intoxication of the whole body. The most favorable time for the treatment of a pregnant woman’s teeth is the second trimester. And it is very important to warn your doctor that you are pregnant! Then he will use materials and anesthesia, which will not hurt your baby.
Danger of sick teeth during pregnancy:
• An untreated tooth forms a hotbed of infection, which gets into the blood and inflicts harm to the baby;
• Toothache leads to a surge of adrenaline and a change in the total hormonal background, and this can provoke an increased tone of the uterus.
• The constant presence of microbes can lead to periodontitis, which is dangerous for both the mother in position and her puzozhitelya.
Remember that you are responsible not only for your health, but for the small crumb that lives in your tummy. Therefore, reject all fears and go to treat your teeth, if necessary.
Milk teeth can not be treated
The conviction of parents that the milk teeth can not be treated – lead to serious problems of the child’s permanent molars. The diseased milk tooth not only infects the caries of the neighboring tooth, but also infects the root tooth, which is already under the dairy. As a consequence – permanent teeth grow with caries, which is more difficult and longer to treat.
The most common mistakes in relation to milk teeth:
• There are no nerves in the milk teeth. Nerves in the milk teeth are. Therefore, in such teeth that are affected by complicated caries (pulpitis or periodontitis), it is also necessary to heal and seal the canals.
• If you remove the nerve in the milk tooth, the permanent will be without a nerve. Dairy and permanent teeth are independent of each other. Each of them has its own nerve. The root tooth in the child will be cut whole and unharmed with the living nerve inside. But if the milk tooth is not treated, the inflammation will penetrate through the canals into the bone. It will strike the rudiment of a permanent tooth and it may not erupt at all. Do you need this?
• Milk teeth do not need to be treated, they will all fall out anyway. The teeth will fall out – but for something they are needed if grown. Premature absence of milk teeth provokes a deformation of the dentition, which in the future will affect the bite of the child. The parents should know that the baby’s teeth should be treated and protected from premature removal and loss.
Wisdom teeth should always be removed
Our great-grandparents identified the eruption of wisdom teeth with the development of mental abilities. But there is no wisdom in these teeth. They just appear much later, when the person is already adult and smart. Problems with cutting through these teeth doctors explain by the fact that in the process of evolution the human jaw has decreased. Previously, people ate more solid foods, and now there is no need to exert much effort to chew food, so the jaw decreased. And for teeth of wisdom, which erupt last there is no place. Therefore, they often grow wrong, interfere with other teeth and cause pain to a person. But there are people who do not grow these teeth at all, and there are those who have enough teeth in their jaws and their teeth grow normally.
Wisdom teeth have a number of advantages over other teeth:
1. They can become a support for bridges. If these teeth are removed, then you can install such a prosthesis only with the help of implants.
2. If a person does not have a seventh or sixth tooth, then the “eight” can definitely be needed for prosthetics.
3. The wisdom tooth is often involved in chewing food.
But there are times when the wisdom tooth really needs only to be torn out.
Indications for the removal of wisdom teeth:
• The tooth was brittle and fractured. Infection, which is in the tooth leads to the development of periodontitis or periostitis. The tooth begins to ache badly, there is swelling in the cheek area.
• The tooth has an incorrect position. For example, the eighth tooth was cut horizontally. Such a tooth has no value for prosthetics.
• Lack of space for eruption. If, in this case, the wisdom tooth is not removed, the dentition can move.
• Development of pericornitis (inflammation of the hood). This is also an indication for the removal of the wisdom tooth.
As you can see, not always the wisdom teeth need to be removed. Therefore, if you start to grow eight – do not panic, but better consult with a doctor. Perhaps, there is nothing terrible here, and these teeth will be very useful to you.